What we Do.
Flux Rehabilitation Consultants, connects qualified, licensed Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, and Speech-Language Pathologists, with organizations who require their expertise. We provide short and long-term placements in hospitals, nursing homes, outpatient clinics, and various organizations internationally.
Our team of professional therapists consists of qualified, caring individuals who are motivated to build a flexible and meaningful career while making a positive impact in their clients lives.
This is a company tailored for therapists by keeping their best interests at heart.
Consulting services on various rehabilitation areas:
• Neurological and Orthopedic Impairments
• Assistive technology (low to high level)
• Assistive technology and device consultations:
Services include assessment of your unique seating needs and functional lifestyle to prescribe a wide variety of power and manual wheelchairs, cushions, backrests and positioning components. We work with both commercial and custom seating systems. Training for you, your family and caregivers on wheelchair use and safe transfer techniques is also provided.
Home modifications benefit clients of all ages with health conditions, sensory or movement impairments, or cognitive disorders by supporting the performance of necessary and desired daily activities (occupations), safety, and well-being.
Program Development And Evaluation
• Consultation: exploration of client’s objectives.
• Assessment: a thorough needs assessment will be conducted identifying key objectives, which culminates with a recommendation of appropriate program options that meet identified objectives.
• Program Development: a customized plan will be created with the essential aspects of the program being developed and implemented to meet specific needs and goals.
• Evaluation: program will be examined, to ensure objectives were met. A comprehensive follow-up analysis will be conducted following the completion of the program with further recommendations provided.
Educational services offered by our expert healthcare professional staff via lectures, trainings, workshops, and educational seminars in various specialty areas.
- Flux offers lectures, trainings, workshops, and seminars on various rehabilitation topics for educators, allied health professionals and parents. On topics such as:
- Assistive technology
- Neurological impairments
- Durable medical equipment
- Utilizing proper body mechanics and kinematics
We provide a detailed, quantitative and qualitative assessment of the physical demands, environmental, and psychosocial components, associated with a particular work setting in order to combat the negative effects of less than optimal workspace.
Ergonomics is the science of fitting the work environment to the people who do the work. The goal is to achieve optimum performance while minimizing the risk of injury or discomfort. Ergonomic assessments are valuable to employers who wish to keep their employees healthier and more productive in the workplace.
Types of Assessments:
• Basic Assessment: Every “at desk” employee should have a basic ergonomics assessment performed to ensure a proper match between them and their workstation.
•Detailed Assessment: If an employee is reporting early warning signs of fatigue, discomfort or pain, they will require a more in-depth and detailed assessment.
•Symptomatic: If an employee is hurting, maybe even considering filing a Workers’ Comp claim, immediate attention (intervention) by one of our specialists can often turn that situation around, saving potentially thousands of dollars in the process.
• Remote Assessments: Are perfect for telecommuters, satellite offices, sales staff, etc. Really, anyone with a spine can benefit from some time with our certified ergonomic specialists. Remote assessments require photographs be taken, and/or that the subject client have access to a camera that has a face-to-face feature.
These assessments can:
• Prevent a workplace injury before it occurs.
• Improve work quality and productivity.
• Increase workplace morale among colleagues.
• Improve job satisfaction.
• Improve workplace health and safety.
• Enable an employee to return to work after illness or injury.
Work Related Education
Education sessions that focus on hurt vs. harm, proper body mechanics related to work tasks, work pacing, and injury prevention are included in all work specific rehabilitation programs. Clients will also be educated regarding optimal posture, back and neck care, pain management at the workplace.